Accidents do happen; but make sure that you have adequate cover in the workplace to manage the situation. WAMITAB is working with Medical Lifesigns to deliver HSE endorsed First Aid courses.
The courses are provided at a preferential rate if booked through WAMITAB, and offer the following key benefits:
Preferential prices ● Access to 160 tutors ● Contextualised training ● Flexibility of training delivery ● Consistency of training ● HSE approved (1 day, 2 day and 3 day)
Why WAMITAB First Aid?
- Health and Safety Executive (HSE) statistics* show that;
- Workers are 4 times more likely to have an injury in the Resource Management industry, in comparison to others.
- There were 10 fatal injuries in 2010/11, which is a rate of 8.4 in every 100,000. This is nearly 17% higher than all other industry.
- 2,447 injuries were recorded in the Resource Management industry in 2010/11, meaning a rate per 100,000 of 2,050 against an all industry rate per 100,000 of 462. This makes workers 4.4 times more likely to suffer an injury at work.
- There were 483 major injuries in 2010/11 in the Resource Management industry. The rate per 100,000 is therefore 405 against an all-industry rate per 100,000 of 99. This makes workers 4 times more likely to suffer a major injury at work.
- Further analysis of the latest statistics illustrates that there is still a stark difference between Waste and Recycling and the ‘all industry’ incident rates.
* HSE commissioned the Health and Safety Laboratory to carry out this extensive nationwide survey from 2010-2012
Bespoke 1-day EFAW course:
£360 plus VAT per course for WAMITAB
Courses are for a maximum of 12 people so can cost as little as £30 per person
RRP is £400 per course
Bespoke 2-day FAWR course:
£1080 plus VAT per course for WAMITAB
Courses are for a maximum of 12 people so can cost as little as £90 per person
RRP is £1200 per course
Bespoke 3-day FAW course:
£1800 plus VAT per course for WAMITAB
Courses are for a maximum of 12 people so can cost as little as £150 per person
RRP is £2000 per course
This offer is only open to current WAMITAB members